Pasadena Immigration Services at Nelson and Associates

By September 19, 2018Immigration Law Blog
Pasadena immigration services

If you live in California and are seeking information on Pasadena immigration services, Nelson and Associates can help. Practicing immigration law since 1994, Nelson and Associates are a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, the Los Angeles County Bar Association, and the American Bar Association. Attorney Nelson is admitted to practice before all courts in the State of California, the United States District Courts for the Northern, Central, and Eastern Districts of California, the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit and the United States Supreme Court.

Pasadena Immigration Services Offered by Nelson and Associates

H-B1 Visas

The H-B1 visa is a non-immigrant visa which is granted to a non-US citizen who has a graduate level education in specific employment fields that are designated by the United States government. With this type of visa, you will be allowed to work within the U.S. for a certain period of time. This is not a visa for people who come to the U.S. with the intention of living here permanently, but if you do decide that you would like to stay in the U.S. once here, you are permitted to seek out your green card.

K1 Visas

The K1 visa is also known as a fiance visa and it is designed to allow a U.S. citizen to bring their foreign national fiance to the U.S. When you bring your foreign national fiance into the U.S. on a K1 visa it’s assumed that you will marry within 90 days. Once married, your non-national spouse may then seek legal residency in the U.S. by applying for legal permanent residence after applying for a change of residency status.

K3 Visas

The K3 visa is also known as the spouse visa and it is designed to allow a U.S. citizen to bring their non-national spouse into the U.S. This non-immigrant visa is used when your marriage took place outside the U.S. and only one of you is a U.S. citizen. When bringing your spouse to the U.S. on a K3 visa it’s a much more lengthy process than bringing a fiance to the U.S. on a K1 visa.

Business and Investment Visas

There are three types of business and investment visas available, the EB-5 Regional Center Investment, EB-5 Direct Investment, and the E-2 Work Visa. These three types of visas allow residency in the U.S. dependent on an investment in a government-approved regional center for approximately five years (EB-5 Regional Center Investment), an investment of $1 million (or $500,000 in an area with high unemployment rates) into your own business in the U.S. that employs at least 10 Americans for a period of at least 2 years (EB-5 Direct Investment), or that you both own and work for a company in a specific industry or sector of business and make an investment of  $75,000 to $200,000+ into that business.)

Immigration Law for Employers

If you’re a U.S. employer looking to employ non-US nationals, there are certain protocols and procedures that you need to follow to comply with immigration law before bringing a non-US national to the U.S. to work with your company. The best way to ensure that your company follows all applicable laws is to consult an immigration attorney who provides Pasadena immigration services.

Employment-Based Immigration

If you are a foreign national who has been brought to the U.S. by a U.S. employer to work for their U.S. company, you have specific rights that are guaranteed to you. If you feel like these rights have been infringed or have questions about what rights are guaranteed to you, an immigration attorney like Nelson and Associates can help you too.

Family-Based Immigration

Whether you are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident looking to bring family members who are non-U.S. residents to live with you in the U.S. or whether you are a family member of a U.S. citizen being sponsored to come to the U.S. by your relative, an attorney who offers Pasadena immigration services can counsel you both on the steps you need to take.

International Student Visas

As a non-U.S. resident who is interested in studying in the U.S. as a student, you must obtain an international student visa. There are three types of international student visa available and Nelson and Associates can help you to determine which student visa is right for you and help you to go through the steps that each application requires. They can also assist you if your international student visa is expiring and you need to renew it in order to continue your studies.

Permanent Residency

If you have been living in the U.S. and would like to apply for permanent residence you need to obtain your green card. The process of applying for a green card and the requirements that it entails is not just confusing, it’s also a lengthy process that an immigration attorney can help you to complete. Having an immigration attorney to help you with the application process for your green card will also ensure that all of your forms are filled in correctly so that there are no delays in your application process. (If you read the most recent article about immigration law changes you might recall that mistakes on your application may even lead to complete refusal of your application to become a permanent resident.)

Need an Immigration Attorney for Pasadena Immigration Services?

If you’re ready to meet up with attorney Nelson and his associates to have your questions on Pasadena immigration services answered, simply reach out via this link. Soon after reaching out, you will be contacted by Nelson and Associates to discuss your immigration service needs and how Nelson and Associates can handle your case. In a hurry? Simply call 626-683-3451!