Citizenship examination questions are a source of worry for anyone preparing to take the citizenship test in the U.S. Fortunately, with review and rehearsal you can prepare yourself for any of the questions the exam might throw at you, including these commonly seen queries!
15 Commonly Asked Citizenship Examination Questions
1. What is the supreme law of the land?
The United States Constitution.
2. What is one right or freedom noted in the First Amendment?
▪ Petition the government
3. What is the name of the first ten amendments to the Constitution?
▪The Bill of Rights.
4. What are two of the rights mentioned in the Declaration of Independence?
▪ Pursuit of happiness
5. If both the President and the Vice President can no longer serve, who becomes President?
▪ The Speaker of the House
6. When was the Declaration of Independence adopted?
▪ July 4, 1776
7. Who is often referred to as the “Father of Our Country”?
▪ (George) Washington
8. What does the U.S. Constitution do?
▪ Sets up the government
▪ Protects basic rights of Americans
▪ Defines the government
9. How many amendments does the U.S. Constitution have?
10. What type of economic system is used in the United States?
▪ A market or capitalist economy
11. Who makes federal laws?
▪ Senate and House (of Representatives)
▪ (U.S. or national) legislature
12. How long do we elect a U.S. senator for?
13. How long do we elect a U.S. representative for?
14. What does the judicial branch of the government do?
▪ It reviews laws
▪ It explains laws
▪ It resolves disputes (disagreements)
▪ It decides if a law goes against the Constitution
15. Who wrote the Declaration of Independence?
▪ Thomas Jefferson
Need Assistance Preparing for Your U.S. Citizenship?
Here at Nelson and Associates, we are ready to help you with any immigration questions that you might have. Reach out to us today at 626-683-3451 for a free consultation and let us help you to expedite your U.S. citizenship process.