As a foreign national working in the United States, it’s important that you seek out a professional and reputable employment based immigration lawyer to help to guide you through any employment based concerns you may have.
The Basic Info From an Employment Based Immigration Lawyer
The beginning steps of your employment based immigration will be taken care of by your future employer. They must first obtain labor certification and then file a petition for you with the USCIS. Once that petition is approved, you will then need to pay any fees and fill in your visa application in a timely manner. After this, you will be given an interview time for your visa application. If your visa is approved, you will then enter the United States on that visa.
Once working in the United States on your visa, you are required to abide by specific rules and regulations including NOT staying past the expiry date of your visa. You may, however, extend your visa or seek permanent residence while your current work visa is still valid.
How Can an Employment Based Immigration Lawyer Help You?
An employment based immigration lawyer is a valuable asset to have on your side as a foreign national working in the United States. There is a range of circumstances in which they can assist you, these include:
- Assisting you in your application for permanent residence once you are in the country on a work visa.
- Assisting you with the extension of your visa.
- Helping you to legally bring your family to the U.S. as a foreign national working in the U.S.
- Assisting you in addressing unfair treatment in the workplace.
- Informing you of your rights as a foreign national employee in the United States.
- An immigration attorney can defend your case as a foreign national as well as prevent or intervene in the case of threatened deportation.
- An immigration attorney can also help to manage any situations that may arise requiring you to travel outside of the country while you are working in the U.S.
What Are the Benefits of Hiring an Employment Based Immigration Lawyer?
There are a number of benefits to hiring an employment based immigration lawyer as opposed to attempting to performing immigration and employment-related duties yourself.
- If you are not fluent in English many immigration attorneys (including Nelson and Associates) provide multi-lingual services that can help to ensure that you understand legal processes and properly fill in and file any necessary paperwork.
- An employment based immigration lawyer can help to speed up your form filing and application processes because of their familiarity with the legal system.
- Having an employment based immigration lawyer on your side means having someone to call who is familiar with your legal rights as a foreign worker working in the United States. This will ensure that you are not taken advantage of or unfairly treated in the workplace.
Nelson and Associates Employment Based Immigration Lawyers in California
If you are seeking representation by a well-reputed and experienced employment based immigration lawyer in California, Nelson and Associates can help. Pick up the phone and call 626-683-3451 today!